Mr. Rajnikant Shroff (alias Mr. Rajju Shroff) is born in a family of entrepreneurs in a small town in Kutch, India. Passionate about chemistry and chemicals right from the beginning, Mr. Rajnikant Shroff, the CMD of UPL, pioneered Red Phosphorus manufacturing in 1969, giving an impetus to the indigenous chemical industry.
A committed visionary
Eager to do something different, Mr. Rajju Shroff has always taken the road less traveled. A graduate of Chemistry from the Bombay University, he established a novel process of manufacturing mercury salts in a plant at U.K. and was paid royalty for it by the British Company; a big achievement for any Indian way back in 1957. Soon after, he mastered red phosphorous and quickly moved on to the production of other chemicals like Aluminium Phosphide (fumigant) and Zinc Phosphide (rodenticide) for agriculture. In 1980s, UPL started launching an avalanche of crop protection products and is one of the leading total crop solutions providers in the world now.
Motivated to make a real difference
He believes that the prosperity of his company must be shared with not just the stakeholders but the society at large too. His wholehearted support encourages one and all at UPL to contribute to various social activities and actively work towards betterment of the people.
Looked up to by the world
His dedication to his company and his causes is unwavering. His many awards are a mere testimony of his legend.
Some of them are:
- On the Eve of the 72nd Republic Day Mr. Rajnikant Shroff was conferred one of India’s highest civilian award, for his contribution to the field of trade and industry 2021
- Mr. Rajnikant Shroff honored with the Mexican Order of the Aztec Eagle in 2018
- Shri. Rajju Shroff, Chairman and MD of UPL was bestowed with the Lifetime Achievement Award in the year 2015 by AGROW
- Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award (manufacturing) in 2013
- Indian Chemical Council’s Lifetime Achievement Award for the entrepreneur in 2010
- Lifetime Achievement Award by Chemexil in 2008